Propel Your Career with VEG’s Emergency Fellowship Program
Dr. Morgan Callahan
Call & Speak with a doctor Open 24/7, Even Holidays!
Walk in today for:
Diagnostics + Testing
Treatment + Hospitalization
You love working as a veterinarian. You love getting to be a hero for your customers while saving lives. You are ready to do and learn more. You have a lifelong love of learning and want to take the next step. You want to grow. You want to unblock the cat, place the chest tube, perform the endoscopy and go home from work to brag about your job.
You are a NERD ( New Emergency Doctor) !! Come join your people and do your thing!
If you find yourself wanting more from work, wanting to broaden your skills, and wanting to be part of a positive culture, we’re offering the VEG Emergency Fellowship to help you make the transition into the world of Emergency Medicine.
What Sets Our Program Apart
The VEG Emergency Fellowship program is revolutionary. It allows veterinarians to make a career change and flourish in their profession. The program guarantees accountability, mentorship, and world-renowned continuing education.
Our fellowship program is unique compared to other programs in the following ways:
- No other formal training program exists to train experienced doctors in emergency medicine while providing sustainable pay, and with no contractual employment obligations.
- The training program has a 3-pronged approach:
- There are 18 modules of didactic training with a weekly class day to review the modules and related case presentations. This includes weekly feedback on case management from our Education team.
- Two trips to the state-of-the-art Translational Medical Institute (TMI) in Colorado to receive extensive hands-on skills training in surgery, endoscopy, exotic animal medicine, POCUS, abdominal ultrasound, and critical care. You will also become fully BLS and ALS RECOVER CPR certified!
- On-the-floor training and mentoring for 4 months in tandem practice with an associate doctor, then two months of practicing as a pair with another Fellow to provide support to each other as you continue to build your skills and confidence.
- Our program teaches more than just medicine; we also teach vets how to be well-rounded doctors. You’ll be trained in customer communication, customer service, leadership, emotional intelligence, and much more.
- We have programs to combat compassion fatigue, burnout, and emotional trauma in the veterinary profession.
- At VEG, we provide our vets with an excellent salary: you are paid at an annual rate of $120,000 during the six month training program; you will be compensated as an Associate Doctor after you graduate from the program.
- We regularly organize fun group outings, events, and celebrations throughout the six month program.
- We’re absolutely confident that you’ll be a skilled emergency doctor at the end of our program.
- We do not have a contract requirement or an obligation to pay back if you leave. We are that sure you will love VEG!
What We’re Looking For
At VEG, you’re valued–highly. We’re not looking for cheap, short-term labor from an intern. We want a long-term colleague who is driven to succeed and makes our organization even better in the process. We believe in providing the mentorship, support, and training you need to become a thriving member of our talented team for years to come.
If you have at least 2 years of experience practicing small animal veterinary medicine, you are eligible to apply. We are looking for motivated, dedicated individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment. Do you want to help people and their pets when they need it most? Come be a veterinary hero with VEG!
What To Expect From The VEG Emergency Fellowship
When you participate in the VEG Emergency Fellowship, you’re fully immersed in all things emergency medicine. You will attend advanced continuing education courses as well as:
- Attend a structured weekly class day including topic rounds, case presentations and journal club
- Work alongside some of the best medical directors and emergency doctors during every shift
- Navigate complex medical cases and handle a busy caseload
- Learn best practices in client communication and patient care
- Develop proficiency in a full suite of emergency procedures, including surgery, endoscopy and basic ultrasound
- Challenge yourself and do something different (and exciting!) every day
- Receive advanced training that will hone your emergency skills (and make you feel like a veterinary superhero)
Continuing Education Opportunities
The VEG Emergency Fellowship gives veterinarians abundant learning and training opportunities, which include:
- Radiology interpretation
- Emergency surgical procedures
- Critical care lab including IO catheter placement and chest tube placement.
- Hands on and didactic courses in exotics medicine and more\
Salary and Benefits for Fellowship Participants
We offer generous benefits to veterinarians participating in the VEG Emergency Fellowship:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid six month emergency training program
- Professional liability insurance
- A matching 401(K) plan
- A salary rate of $120,000 annualized during the program
- Unlimited CE
- Professional licensing fees, association membership fees, VIN account, and more!
- Guaranteed job as an Associate Doctor with VEG upon successful completion of the program. As an ER doctor for VEG you will enjoy unlimited CE, working 12 shifts every 4 weeks and competitive compensation.
Ready to apply? Apply Now!