Propel Your Career with VEG’s New Emergency Fellowship Program
You put all your knowledge, energy, and passion into your work as a veterinarian, but maybe you feel like something’s missing. Do you have the drive to go a step beyond general practice and enter the world of emergency medicine? Are you eager to grow?
At VEG, we know there are many incredible veterinarians out there seeking more from their work and striving to go the extra mile to care for animals and their owners. To help these veterinarians build on their experience, develop their abilities, and make the transition into emergency medicine, we’re offering the VEG Emergency Fellowship program.
This program was born from the enormous success of our Early Entry Track (EET) program and increasing interest from general practice, equine, and other veterinarians looking to move into emergency medicine careers.
What Sets Our Program Apart
The VEG Emergency Fellowship program is revolutionary. It allows veterinarians to make a career change and flourish in their profession and guarantees accountability, mentorship, and world-renowned continuing education.
Our fellowship program is unique compared to other programs in the following ways:
- No other formal training program exists to train experienced doctors in emergency medicine while providing sustainable pay, and with no contractual employment obligations.
- We train doctors at the highest possible level of emergency medicine, including in procedures such as endoscopy, ultrasound, and in exotic medicine
- Our program teaches more than just medicine; we also teach vets how to be the most well-rounded doctors. You’ll be trained in customer communication and service, leadership, emotional intelligence, and much more.
- We have programs to combat compassion fatigue, burnout, and emotional trauma in the veterinary profession.
- At VEG, we provide our vets with an excellent salary: $115,000 guaranteed minimum to learn and practice as the second doctor on a shift.
- We offer unlimited continued education (CE) and cover ALL travel expenses related to CE during your fellowship.
- We regularly organize fun group outings, events, and celebrations throughout the 6-month program.
- We’re absolutely confident that you’ll be a skilled emergency doctor at the end of our program.
- We do not have a contract requirement or an obligation to pay back if you leave. We are that sure you will love VEG!
What We’re Looking For
At VEG, you’re valued–highly. We’re not looking for cheap, short-term labor from an intern. We want a long-term colleague who is driven to succeed and makes our organization even better in the process. We believe in providing the mentorship, support, and training you need to become a thriving member of our talented team for years to come.
If you have at least 2 years of experience practicing veterinary medicine, you are eligible to apply.
We are looking for motivated, dedicated individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment. Do you want to help people and their pets when they need it most? Come be a veterinary hero with VEG!
What to Expect from the VEG Emergency Fellowship
When you participate in the VEG Emergency Fellowship, you’re fully immersed in all things emergency medicine. You will attend advanced CE courses and:
- Attend structured weekly rounds including topic rounds, case presentations and journal club
- Work alongside some of the best medical directors and emergency doctors during every shift
- Navigate complex medical cases and handle a busy caseload
- Learn best practices in client communication and patient care
- Develop proficiency in a full suite of emergency procedures, including surgery, endoscopy and basic ultrasound
- Challenge yourself and do something different (and exciting!) every day
- Receive advanced training that will hone your emergency skills (and make you feel like a veterinary superhero)
Continuing Education Opportunities
The VEG Emergency Fellowship gives veterinarians abundant learning and training opportunities, which include:
- Radiology interpretation
- Emergency surgical procedures
- Hands on and didactic courses in exotics medicine
- …and more
Salary and Benefits for Fellowship Participants
We offer generous benefits to veterinarians participating in the VEG Emergency Fellowship:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid 6-month emergency training
- Professional liability insurance
- A matching 401(K) plan
- $115,000 + production for practicing emergency doctors
- Unlimited CE
- Professional licensing fees, association membership fees, VIN account, and more!
- Guaranteed a job with VEG upon successful completion. As an ER doctor for VEG you will enjoy unlimited CE, working 12 shifts per month and competitive compensation.
Ready to apply? Apply Now!
VEG is a network of Emergency Veterinarians located across the country. We are dedicated to helping people and their pets when they need it most. If your pet is ever in an emergency situation, use the link below to find our nearest location so we can get your pet the help they need.