Our Externship Program gives students intensive hands-on emergency medicine experience and the chance to work alongside skilled emergency doctors. Students will focus on learning how to communicate effectively with our clients, diagnose a variety of emergency conditions, develop emergency treatment plans, and collaborate with support staff in a fast-paced environment.
Our externship gives you the advantage of:
- Flexibility: You can choose how long your externship is going to be, from a few days to up to three weeks
- Location: Our group of VEG practices is rapidly growing, which means you have multiple locations to choose from
- Mentorship: You’ll get to partner with a senior ER doctor for the duration of your externship
- Housing: Housing and accommodation assistance programs are available if you need them
- Focus: Emergency medicine is all we do—so you’ll be fully immersed in what that truly entails