At VEG, we go beyond standard veterinary internships and give students the opportunity to launch their careers in fully-immersive programs. Get the tools you need to be successful while working closely with knowledgeable emergency doctors and staff members. If you’re as dedicated to emergency medicine as we are, we’d love to show you the ropes.
Early Entry Track
Are you a recent graduate who is passionate about veterinary emergency medicine? Have you reconsidered doing a traditional rotating internship because it doesn’t seem to be the best fit? Early Entry Track (EET) could be the opportunity you’re looking for. EET is a hands-on, in-depth, 6-month emergency-focused mentorship program that transitions into a full-time Emergency Doctor position with Veterinary Emergency Group.
Salary & benefits
How Early Entry Track can boost your career
- It’s not an internship—it’s a job
- You’ll get to work right alongside highly skilled and experienced medical directors and emergency doctors on every shift
- You’ll receive advanced training that will give you the clinical experience and confidence you need to succeed
- We’ll teach you best practices for client-centered care and communication
VEG will provide you with extensive CE training that includes:
- Abdominal ultrasound courses
- Hands-on cardiology experience
- Core surgery procedures
- Off-site imaging experience
- Critical care experience
- Daily case rounds
- Journal club
- Other CE allowance
How To Apply
Our Externship Program gives students intensive hands-on emergency medicine experience and the chance to work alongside skilled emergency doctors. Students will focus on learning how to communicate effectively with our clients, diagnose a variety of emergency conditions, develop emergency treatment plans, and collaborate with support staff in a fast-paced environment.
Our externship gives you the advantage of:
- Flexibility: You can choose how long your externship is going to be, from a few days to up to three weeks
- Location: Our group of VEG practices is rapidly growing, which means you have multiple locations to choose from
- Mentorship: You’ll get to partner with a senior ER doctor for the duration of your externship
- Housing: Housing and accommodation assistance programs are available if you need them
- Focus: Emergency medicine is all we do—so you’ll be fully immersed in what that truly entails
Become a VEG Ambassador
Have a knack for making connections? We’d love to have you in our VEG Ambassador program. We’re looking for students who believe in our mission, want to make an impact in emergency veterinary medicine, and are looking to build a community on their campus. As an ambassador, you’ll serve as our liaison to students and faculty, help create exciting and immersive learning opportunities, and plan social events.
- A competitive stipend
- Expense-paid leadership summit
- Networking with VEG doctors
- Top-quality swag